Everything You Need to Know About Diabetes
Diabetes is one such disease. In which the level of glucose or sugar present in the blood increases. The body gets glucose from food. Hormones called insulin work to deliver this glucose to the cells. so that they may have strength. Before understanding diabetes disease, one has to understand the importance of insulin. Insulin is one such hormone. Which controls the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats in the body. Without insulin, glucose cannot enter the body. It gets collected in the blood vessels. In such a situation, a person does not get the power that he should get. Due to this the person becomes prone to diabetes.
How many types of diabetes are there?
There are mainly two types of diabetes
- Type 1: - This diabetes mostly occurs in young children or boys below 20 years of age. In type 1 diabetes, the body does not make insulin.
- Type 2: - People who are already suffering from sugar. Most of them are affected by type 2 diabetes. In type 2 diabetes, the body makes insulin. But it does not work properly or insulin is not made in the amount required by the body.
What is the cause of diabetes?
There can be many reasons for diabetes
- Consuming a lot of junk food increases the amount of calories and fat in the body. Due to which the sugar level in insulin increases in the body.
- The disease of diabetes can also be due to genetics.
- Diabetes can occur due to excess body fat and weight gain.
- Diabetes is caused by lack of physical activity on a daily basis.
- Diabetes becomes a problem due to a person being under excessive stress.
- Diabetes is caused by excessive smoking of a person.
- A person can get diabetes due to taking wrong medicines without an internal medicine doctor's advice.
- Diabetes is caused by consuming more tea, cold drinks, and sweet things.
What are the symptoms of diabetes?
- Hunger more.
- Weak eyesight.
- Feeling tired and weak.
- Injury does not heal quickly.
- frequent urination.
- Skin infection.
- Bleeding on the skin.
- Skin dryness
- Loss of body weight.
- Frequent thirst
What is the treatment for diabetes?
- In the treatment of diabetes , internal medicine doctors advise patients to do proper diet and physical activities like exercise, yoga to keep the sugar level under control.
- To keep diabetes sugar under control, the internal medicine doctor first checks the patient's sugar level. This blood sugar test is done in two ways.
- The first blood sugar test is done on an empty stomach and the second blood sugar test is done after a meal.
- After the test, a dose of some medicines such as metformin, is given to control the sugar level. It is given only to patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Sulfinirulius This medicine stimulates the production of insulin. Helps the body use insulin better.
- Patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes should get their eyes examined once in a year for retina, cataract etc.
What is the home remedy for diabetes?
- To keep diabetes under control, black jamun should be consumed. Black berries contain many types of antioxidants. Which helps in making insulin. Due to which blood sugar remains at a normal level.
- Make a chutney by grinding 8 to 10 leaves of hibiscus, then mix it in a glass of water and keep it overnight. Consume it after waking up in the morning. Hibiscus leaves contain a high amount of folic acid. It proves to be very effective in controlling diabetes.
- The juice of drumstick leaves works like a panacea in diabetes. Drumstick leaves are rich in ascorbic acid. Which controls the sugar level and increases insulin, which strengthens the immune system.
- People suffering from diabetes should chew 8 to 10 neem leaves daily. The antiviral present in neem helps in controlling the sugar level in the body.
Internal medicine doctor in Abu Dhabi
Adam and Eve Specialized Medical Centre’s internal medicine doctor provides diabetes treatment to keep diabetes in check. Consult our internal medicine doctor today.