Root Canal Therapy in Abu Dhabi – Safe and Credible
What is ‘root canal’ in Dentistry?
‘Root canal’ refers to the natural cavity within the center of your tooth. Your tooth’s nerve lies within your root canal. The soft area within your root canal is called the ‘pulp’.
What is Root Canal Therapy?
Root Canal treatment is an endodontic treatment. ‘Endo’ is the Greek word for ‘inside’ and ‘odont’ is Greek for ‘tooth’. In other words, Root Canal refers to treatment of the inside of the tooth. It is a specialized process used to repair and save your tooth which is infected, cracked or decayed. If your tooth is damaged, bacteria infect its inner pulp which comprises nerves and blood vessels. The diseased tissue will then need to be removed for cleaning and protecting your tooth. This is the objective of Root Canal therapy.
If you are thinking Root canal therapy in Abu Dhabi, please call us now.
What happens during a Root Canal treatment?
- Your specialized medical center Abu Dhabi explains that during a root canal procedure, the nerve and pulp are removed and the inside of your toothis cleaned and sealed. It is important to understand that the only function of your tooth’s nerve is sensory-that is, to provide the sensation of hot or cold. It is not vitally important to your tooth’s health after your tooth has emerged through the gums.
- Your endodontist will remove the inflamed or infected pulp, carefully clean and shape the inside of the root canal, fill and seal the space. Afterward, your dentist, will place a crown or other restoration on your tooth to protect and restore it to full function.
For dentistry consultation near AbuDhabi, please call us now.
Why is Root Canal treatment important?
When your tooth’s nerve tissue or pulp is damaged, it breaks down and bacteria begin to multiply within the pulp chamber. This and other decayed debris can cause an infection or abscessed tooth. An abscess is a pus-filled pocket that forms at the end of the roots of the tooth. An untreated pulp infection could adversely affect your tooth’s position and deteriorate its basic structure. So your tooth may fall out or require an extraction.
How will I feel during the procedure?
At AESMC, we apply safe, ultra-modern techniques to maximize your comfort. All our patients have reported comfort during the procedure.
- During the first few days following your treatment, your tooth may feel sensitive, especially if there was pain/infection before the procedure. You can get relief with over-the-counter or prescription medications.
- Take care not to chew or bite on your treated tooth until it is restored by your dentist. Practice good oral hygiene- brushing, flossing as well as regular checkups and cleanings.
To understand in detail about Root Canal treatment, please refer the link below:
What are the benefits of having a Root Canal Therapy?
- Root canal therapy in Abu Dhabi can help you save your tooth from extraction.
- You can prevent gaps in your smiles and improve your appearance.
- Tooth decay, infection and fracture can cause aesthetic issues with your tooth such as cracking or make it appear darker. Root canal takes care of this. Your dentist at AESMC will seal the cracks with durable, tooth-colored bonding material for a natural appearance. She/he will then create a custom made crown to cover and strengthen the rest of your tooth. This restoration will make your tooth appear and function as good as or better than your natural teeth.
Contact us today for Dentistry consultation near Abu Dhabi.