Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery department at Adam & Eve Specialized Medical centre is a full-service maxillofacial unit where our skilled maxillofacial and oral surgeon in Abu Dhabi treat issues ranging from tooth extraction to facial trauma repair.
TMJ treatment, maxillofacial trauma, head and neck cancers (including oral pharyngeal cancer), orthognathic surgeries, and maxillofacial and dental implants are all specialities of the department. Aside from these highly specialised procedures, the department also treats paediatric cases, such as congenital benign growths and other dental procedures that require general anaesthesia. We bring the best oral surgeon in Abu Dhabi to your service.
Adam & Eve's Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery department is entirely focused on the patient. Each case is treated after consulting with the appropriate departments, including Anesthesia, Surgery, Oncosurgery, Ophthalmology, Neurosurgery, and Paediatrics, and developing a comprehensive treatment plan.
The department has successfully treated some of the most challenging cases in the region and re-treated failed cases from other centres. In Abu Dhabi, we are regarded as one of the premier referral centres for complex oral and maxillofacial surgeries. With the help of the best oral surgeon in Abu Dhabi we strive to provide the best treatment.
What exactly is maxillofacial surgery?
- Maxillofacial surgery is a branch of dentistry. It entails procedures to correct diseases, injuries, and defects in your face, jaw, or mouth. Maxillofacial surgeons are highly trained specialists who diagnose and treat problems related to:
- Jaw and lower face bones and tissues (maxillofacial area).
- Your tongue's roof (palate).
What is the purpose of maxillofacial surgery?
- Maxillofacial surgery is carried out to :
- Enhance jaw function.
- Pain should be relieved.
- Identifying the causes of chronic dental pain.
- Getting your mouth ready for dental implants and prostheses (such as dentures).
- Putting in dental implants.
- Taking out (extracting) impacted teeth.
- Treat dental problems.
Maxillofacial surgery can treat a wide range of dental issues and conditions, including:
Procedures can also be used to treat jaw problems, such as:
- Bone grafting, or transplanting bone from another part of the body, is used to replace missing bone in the jaw.
- Correcting an abnormal bite by reconstructing your jaw.
- TMJ disorders, which affect the area where your lower jaw attaches to your skull, are treated.
- Treating injuries to your face, jaw, and mouth caused by trauma.
- Other justifications for maxillofacial surgery include Congenital abnormalities (present at birth) such as cleft lip and palate are corrected.
- Diagnosis and treatment of head and neck cysts, tumours, cancer, and other growths.
- Identifying the causes of chronic facial pain.
- Facial trauma (injury) treatment, such as facial fractures or damaged maxillofacial tissue.